Mexican Food Lovers

Discussions of Mexican dishes, ingredients and recipes.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Mexican Fried Banana Dessert

A few days ago I was looking threw some of my Mexican dessert recipes and was reminded of Mexican fried bananas. These are so sweet and delicious!

If you've never tried them, you are in for a real treat when you give them a go.

Here's my Mexican Fried Bananas recipe:

4 ripe bananas (with brown spots just starting to appear), sliced
4 tbsp butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp ground cinnamon (or very finely grated cinnamon stick is even better)

Melt butter in a large skillet and add brown sugar, lemon and orange juice and cinnamon. Stir and cook until sugar is completely dissolved.

Add sliced bananas to the skillet and cook about 4 or 5 minutes, stirring often, until bananas are soft and sugar mixture has caramelized. Serve hot (over vanilla or chocolate ice cream is awesome!)

Enjoy!

Cook Mexican Food

Labels: , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger HotForWords said…

    Wow..Sounds like a great dessert! Hungry now;-)
    My Mom is a great cook, so I think I got my love for cooking from her!

    Thanks fro the great recipe!

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hum I love that dessert!
    I go to www.mexicanrestaurantfinder.com to find Mexican food in Ohio.
    Just Love it!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger shelby said…

    i love the recipe that is called roasted bananas from Columbia they are delicious.

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Made It. Tried It. Loved It.

     
  • At 8:45 AM, Blogger Barbara said…

    made this for my girlfriend last night using 1 banana so i 4th'd the recipe - still excellent. try fresh squeeze orange juice.

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Food Lovers said…

    Hey,
    Nice post.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!I’m still waiting for some interesting thoughts from your side in your next post thanks.
    Food Lovers

     
  • At 7:30 PM, Blogger La Vita Di Cottura said…

    WOW!!!

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've tried this out in Denver one time..its Amazing...luv it....want it now..:)

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing for your rss feed
    and I hope you write again soon!
    Take a look at my blog post - Bonuses

     

Post a Comment

<< Home